Distributed fibre optic sensing (DFOS) represents an opportunity for the oil and gas industry to manage and optimise its resources more effectively going forward. Visiongain has forecast that expenditure on DFOS by the oil and gas industry worldwide will be $341.2m in 2014. The rise of expensive multi- lateral hydraulic fracturing, an ever- greater focus on improving oil recovery (IOR) and the continued strength of capital expenditure on thermal enhanced oil recovery techniques (EOR) provide the main markets for uptake of DFOS over the next 10 years.
During the past five years distributed acoustic sensing (DAS) – one type of DFOS – has proven itself as a pipeline surveillance and monitoring system. Furthermore, DAS as a technology looks set to add value to DFOS monitoring solutions of wells and reservoirs – the primary market going forward. DTS (distributed temperature sensing) is already established as a well monitoring technique and the complementary application of a DAS interrogation enhances the future business case for DFOS.
The last main type of DFOS equipment – distributed temperature and strain sensing (DTSS) – is also vying for market share as well as being able to market itself as a solution that can anticipate structural problems with oil & gas infrastructure before they occur.
The application opportunities within the oil and gas industry for DFOS are poised to enable a substantive growth in spending on DFOS equipment. After well monitoring, permanent reservoir monitoring (PRM) and seismic acquisition is an especially exciting venture market for DFOS, as is the use of fibre optics to monitor offshore infrastructure and downstream process integrity. The use of DFOS as part of a 4D solution and VSP (vertical seismic profiling) are the most noteworthy market space growth opportunities for DFOS equipment expenditure over the coming 10 years.
For emphasis: an oil price of $100 per barrel continues to enable exploration and production expenditure on unconventional oil and gas development, thermal enhanced oil recovery (EOR) and ever more IOR (Improved Oil Recovery) activity. Distributed fibre optic sensing is a part of this story: a tool to better the industry’s understanding of how to optimise recovery and improve development techniques.
Why you should buy Distributed Fibre Optic Sensing for the Oil & Gas Industry 2014-2024: Market Prospects for DTS, DAS & DTSS for Well & Reservoir Monitoring, Security & Seismic
What is the future uptake of distributed fibre optic sensing solutions by the oil and gas industry and why? Visiongain’s comprehensive analysis contains highly quantitative content delivering solid conclusions benefiting your analysis and illustrates new opportunities and potential revenue streams helping you to remain competitive. This definitive report will benefit your decision making and help to direct your future business strategy.
What this report delivers:
• Global market forecasts for the expenditure on distributed fibre optic sensing equipment deployed by the oil and gas industry, as well as analysis from 2014-2024 to keep your knowledge ahead of your competition and ensure you exploit key business opportunities
– The report provides detailed projections of market expenditure, the main companies involved, and the commercial drivers and restraints; allowing you to more effectively compete in the market. In addition to market forecasts from 2014-2024, our new study shows current market data, original critical analysis, and revealing insight into commercial developments
• Our 214 page report provides 97 tables, charts, and graphs.
– Let our analysts present you with a thorough assessment of the current and future prospects for distributed fibre optics sensing within the oil and gas industry.
– You will gain from our analyst’s industry expertise allowing you to demonstrate your authority on how distributed fibre optic sensing will benefit from current and anticipated industry trends – in terms of the health of aspects of the oil & gas industry in which distributed fibre optic sensing will be used and in terms of the most important regional oil & gas industry development from a distributed fibre optic sensing equipment use point of view.
• View 8 exclusive expert opinion interviews from leading companies involved in DFOS. Learn what industry thought leaders are thinking. Leaders hold critical information
– By reading the full transcripts of exclusive expert opinion interviews contained in the report you will keep up to speed with what is really happening in the industry. Don’t’ fall behind. You will gain a thorough knowledge of the role and potential of distributed fibre optic sensing solutions within the oil and gas industry; you will find strategic advantages for your work and will learn how your organisation can benefit – allowing you to asse
1. Report Overview
1.1 Overview: Global Distributed Fibre Optic Sensing for the Oil & Gas Industry Market
1.2 Market Segmentation: Global Distributed Fibre Optic Sensing for the Oil & Gas Industry
1.3 Market Definition: Global Distributed Optic Sensing for the Oil & Gas Industry
1.4 Why You Should Read This Report
1.5 How This Report Delivers
1.6 Key Questions Answered by This Analytical Report Include:
1.7 Who is This Report For?
1.9 Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
1.10 Associated Visiongain Reports
1.11 About Visiongain
2. Introduction to the Distributed Fibre Optic Sensing for the Oil & Gas Industry Market
2.1 What is Distributed Fibre Optic Sensing (DFOS)?
2.1.1 What Fibre Optic Cables Are Required?
2.2 What Are the Different Types of Distributed Fibre Optic Sensing Used by the Oil & Gas Industry?
2.2.1 Distributed Fibre Optic Temperature Sensing (DTS)
2.2.2 Distributed Fibre Optic Acoustic Sensing (DAS)
2.2.3 Distributed Temperature and/or Strain Sensing (DTSS/DSTS or DSS)
2.2.4 Quasi- Distributed Fibre Optic Chemical Sensing (DCS)
2.3 Applications of Distributed Fibre Optic Sensing within the Oil and Gas Industry
3. Global Distributed Fibre Optic Sensing for the Oil & Gas Industry Market 2014-2024
3.1 Global Distributed Fibre Optic Sensing for the Oil & Gas Industry Market Forecast 2014-2024
3.1.1 How Do Oil Price Dynamics and Outlook Affect Investment in Distributed Fibre Optic Sensing?
126.96.36.199 Scenario 1: ~$80/bbl
188.8.131.52 Scenario 2: ~$100/bbl
3.2 Benefits and Drawbacks of Using Distributed Fibre Optic Sensing in the Oil & Gas Industry
4. Distributed Fibre Optic Sensing in the Oil & Gas Industry: Application Submarkets 2014-2024
4.1 Well & Reservoir Monitoring Using Distributed Fibre Optic Sensors: Submarket 2014-2024
4.1.1 Overall Drivers & Restraints on Investment in Distributed Fibre Optic Sensing for Well Monitoring
4.1.2 In- Situ (including SAGD) and Other Thermal EOR Deployment
4.1.3 Demand for Well Monitoring During Hydraulic Fracturing
4.1.4 Expected Reductions in Cost and Wider Benefit Appreciation
4.1.5 Well Monitoring Possibilities Using Distributed Fibre Optic Sensing Solutions
4.1.6 Temporary Deployments
4.2 Pipeline Security and Monitoring Using Distributed Fibre Optic Sensors: Submarket 2014-2024
4.2.1 Overall Drivers & Restraints on Investment in Distributed Fibre Optic Sensing for Pipeline Security and Monitoring
4.2.2 Benefits of DAS as a Pipeline Security Measure
184.108.40.206 What Are the Economics of DAS as a Pipeline Security Measure?
4.2.3 Restraints on Distributed Fibre Optic Sensing as a Pipeline Security and Monitoring Technique
220.127.116.11 Will the DAS Pipeline Surveillance Market Reach Saturation Point?
4.2.4 Summary of Pipeline Expansion Worldwide
4.2.5 What Regions Are the Most Prospective for the Implementation of DFOS as a Pipeline Security Measure?
4.2.6 Tipping Point Given Security Expenditure
4.3 Seismic Applications for Distributed Fibre Optic Sensing: Submarket 2014-2024
4.3.1 Overall Drivers & Restraints on Investment in Distributed Fibre Optic Sensing for Seismic Acquisition
4.3.2 What are 4D Seismic and How Can Distributed Fibre Optics Provide 4D Data Acquisition Assistance?
4.3.3 Barriers to the Use of Distributed Fibre Optic Sensing as Seismic Acquisition Method
4.4 Other Applications for Distributed Fibre Optic Sensing in the Oil & Gas Industry: 2014-2024
4.5 Installing Distributed Fibre Optic Sensing Solutions in the Oil & Gas Industry – A Limitation to Uptake?
5. Global Leading Distributed Fibre Optic Sensing Markets: Spending On DFOS Equipment by the Oil & Gas Industry
5.1 DTS in the Oil & Gas Industry: Submarket 2014, 2019, 2024
5.1.1 What Are The Main Applications of DTS in the Oil & Gas Industry?
18.104.22.168 Well Monitoring
22.214.171.124 Thermal EOR
126.96.36.199.1 Canadian Oil Sands
188.8.131.52.2 Other Thermal EOR Developments
184.108.40.206 Other Applications of DTS
5.2 DAS in the Oil & Gas Industry: Submarket 2014, 2019, 2024
5.2.1 What Are The Main Applications of DAS in the Oil & Gas Industry?
220.127.116.11 Well Monitoring
18.104.22.168 Pipeline Surveillance
22.214.171.124 Seismic Data Acquisition
5.3 DTSS (DSTS) and Emerging Distributed Fibre Optic Sensing Solutions for the Oil and Gas Industry: Submarket 2014, 2019, 2024
6. Regional Distributed Fibre Optic Sensing in the Oil & Gas Industry Markets 2014-2024
6.1 North American Distributed Fibre Optic Sensing for the Oil & Gas Industry Market Forecast 2014-2024
6.1.1 North American Distributed Fibre Optic Sensing Market Analysis
■ 英文：Distributed Fibre Optic Sensing for the Oil & Gas Industry 2014-2024
|石油・ガス産業における分布型光ファイバセンシング市場（2014-2024） (Distributed Fibre Optic Sensing for the Oil & Gas Industry 2014-2024 / Visiongain-405317)|
- ソーシャルビジネスインテリジェンス（BI）の世界市場2016-2020About Social Business Intelligence Business intelligence software is an important tool or application used by organizations to analyze data and make improved real-time market decisions. Traditionally, business intelligence was used only for reporting, designing dashboards, and resolving queries. Its goal was to track key business performance and metrics. The main focus of traditional business inte …
- パーソナルケア包装の世界市場分析：製品別（フレキシブル、硬質プラスチック、紙、金属、ガラス）、包装タイプ別（ボトル、瓶、缶、カートン、チューブ、パウチ）、用途別（スキンケア、ヘアケア、バス･シャワー、香水）、セグメント予測The global personal care packaging market is expected to reach USD 37.25 billion by 2022, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Rising consumption of cosmetic and beauty products along with advancements in packaging technology is expected to drive the global over the next seven years. In addition, changing lifestyle along with rapid urbanization is expected to stimulate industry g …
- 先端巨大症（Acromegaly）：グローバル臨床試験レビュー（2014年上半期）Acromegaly Global Clinical Trials Review, H1, 2014 Summary GlobalData's clinical trial report, “Acromegaly Global Clinical Trials Review, H1, 2014" provides data on the Acromegaly clinical trial scenario. This report provides elemental information and data relating to the clinical trials on Acromegaly. It includes an overview of the trial numbers and their recruitment status as per the site of tri …
- 世界の旅客情報システム市場動向及び予測(2014 – 2019)Passenger information systems are the solutions from IT vendors to the transport service providers which helps these operators to provide real time scheduling information to the passengers. These solutions act as a medium for interaction between transport service providers and the passengers. In this report passenger information systems refer to the IT solutions and systems which are used to provi …
- 医療機器用電極の世界市場分析：タイプ別（診断（ECG、EEG、EMG、ERG、胎児頭皮）、治療（ペースメーカー、TENS、除細動器、電気外科）、地域別、セグメント予測、2014-2025The global electrodes for medical devices market is expected to reach USD 2.0 billion by 2025, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. The market is anticipated to witness lucrative growth during the forecast period, owing to increasing prevalence of chronic and other diseases such as heart diseases, Parkinson’s Disease (PD), Alzheimer’s disease, brain disorders, Trigeminal Neuralgi …
- 小型武器軽火器（SALW）の世界市場分析：タイプ別（小型武器、軽武器）、用途別（軍隊、法執行機関）、地域別（北アメリカ、ヨーロッパ、アジア太平洋、その他の地域）、セグメント予測、2014-2024The global small arms light weapons market is expected to reach USD 25.76 billion by 2024, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. The increasing issues on human rights and safety and security are expected to drive the demand. The increasing effects of urban warfare along with increasing terrorism incidents have also led to the development of the small arms light weapons across vari …
- Parex Resources Inc.：石油・ガスの開発・生産動向及びコスト分析- Q1, 2013Parex Resources Inc. Oil & Gas Exploration and Production Operations and Cost Analysis - Q1, 2013 Summary Parex Resources Inc. Oil & Gas Exploration and Production Operations and Cost Analysis is the latest report from GlobalData, the industry analysis specialists, that offers comprehensive information on the operational and financial performance of the company. The report is an essential source f …
- Entyvio（クローン病治療薬）：市場予測及び分析（～2022）Entyvio (Crohn’s Disease) - Forecast and Market Analysis to 2022 Summary The Crohn’s disease (CD) market is currently very dynamic, with novel biologic therapies on the horizon. These compounds will challenge the current biologics in an attempt to dislodge the stronghold of the TNF inhibitors, as they aim to tap into the lucrative portion of the CD therapeutics market. If their promising safety an …
- アジア太平洋のポータブル発電機市場：ディーゼル発電機、ガソリン発電機、ガス発電機About portable generators Generators are backup devices designed to provide temporary AC power by using the supplied fuel, which can be either diesel, gas, or gasoline. Generators, depending on their portability, are classified into two: portable and stationary. Portable generators are the best solutions to provide AC power for standby non-hardwired applications. Low-end models support only a few …
- BG Group plc：石油・ガスバリューチェーン分析レポート2013BG Group plc Analysis Across the Oil and Gas Value Chain Report, 2013 Update Summary "BG Group plc" Analysis Across the Oil and Gas Value Chain is an essential source for data, analysis and strategic insight into “BG Group plc”. The report provides key information relating to oil and gas assets of the company along with its operations across the value chain. The report examines the company’s busin …
- ポリフタルアミド（PPA）の世界市場2017-2021：炭素繊維強化PPA、ガラス繊維強化PPA、ミネラル強化PPA、非強化PPAAbout PPA Polyphthalamide (PPA) is a semi-crystalline synthetic resin of nylon, commonly known as high-performance polyamide. PPA exhibits superior performance in high-temperature applications such as high-temperature cooling lines, engine cooling, non-halogenated connectors, and in turbocharged air systems for air management applications. It is largely used in automobile and industrial applicatio …
- プラスチック加工機械の世界市場：射出成形機、押出成形機、ブロー成形機About Plastic Processing Machinery Plastic processing machines are used to perform variety of methods to convert plastic materials in the form of pellets, granules, powders, sheets, and fluids into formed shapes or parts. After formation of parts, various ancillary operations such as welding, adhesive bonding, machining, and surface decoration are performed to produce the final products. The proce …
- 自動車用排気センサの世界市場：排気温度センサ、排気圧力センサ、O2センサ、NOxセンサ、粒子状物質検出センサ、エンジンクーラント温度センサ、MAP/MAFセンサThe automotive emission exhaust sensor market has witnessed considerable growth in emerging countries such as China, India, and Mexico, owing to upcoming emission norms and the increasing penetration of diesel engines. This report classifies and defines the global automotive emission exhaust sensor market size, in terms of volume and value. Market size, in terms of volume, is provided in thousand …
- インターフェロンの世界市場及びパイプライン分析Interferons are small, low molecular weight proteins of varying sizes induced during attack by infectious agents like viruses. Investigators have found that they are highly variable in nature and have several subtypes due to which misunderstanding is easily created. Furthermore, they have synergistic effect in which interferons belonging to different classes have same effect on immune system due t …
- Monoclonal Antibodies Market in Gastric and Esophageal Cancers to 2019 – Crowded Late-Stage Pipelines and Favorable Market Conditions Encourage Robust GrowthMonoclonal Antibodies Market in Gastric and Esophageal Cancers to 2019 - Crowded Late-Stage Pipelines and Favorable Market Conditions Encourage Robust Growth Summary GBI Research has released the pharma report “Monoclonal Antibodies Market in Gastric and Esophageal Cancers to 2019 - Crowded Late-Stage Pipelines and Favorable Market Conditions Encourage Robust Growth” Gastric and esophageal cancers …