The global geriatric medicine market is expected to reach over USD 1,017 billion by 2024 according to a new report by Grand View Research Inc. Increase in the global geriatric population is one of the major challenges for the healthcare industry and the governments across the globe, however, it has proven to be a boon for the geriatric medicine market.
The high market growth is anticipated on account of the rising prevalence of various target diseases in the geriatric population, the demographic shift, the upward trend in lifestyle-related risk factors, and the significantly improved access to affordable healthcare as well as medicine across the developing and emerging economies.
The rising prevalence of the Alzheimer’s disease in the geriatric population is expected to serve as a high impact rendering driver for the geriatric medicine market over the forecast period. In 2015, as per the estimates published by the Alzheimer’s disease International, nearly 47 million people have dementia and this number is expected to double after every 20 years. Furthermore, as per the estimates published by The Alzheimer’s Association, in the U.S., out of the 5.4 million Americans living with the disease, nearly 5.2 million or 96.3% are aged 65 and above.
In order to mitigate the concerns arising due to the unfavorable shift in the demographic variables such as age, lifestyle patterns, economic development, coupled with the upward shift in the disease trends associated with the geriatric population, the developed regions have consistently improved their healthcare practices by allocating high amount of resources towards the healthcare and social development sectors.
For instance, the U.S., Germany, the UK, and Japan allocate 17.1%, 11.30%,9.10%,10.20%, of their GDP respectively towards healthcare expenditure and majority of these resources are channelized towards developing new drugs, new software, and building technology platforms for hospitals and home health services.
Further key findings from the study suggest:
In 2015, analgesic medicine accounted for the highest revenue of nearly USD123 billion. The key factors attributed to include the rising prevalence of various types of pains associated with aging. These pains can be categorized as general body pain, post-surgical pain, muscle pain, acute or chronic joint pain, neuropathic pain, and others.
In 2015, North America dominated the geriatric medicine market with a revenue share of over 37% owing to the presence of well-developed social and healthcare sectors, the availability of the latest medicine, and insurance coverage coupled with the presence of a large number of people aged above 60 years.
Asia Pacific region is anticipated to exhibit the maximum growth rate at a CAGR of over 7% from the year 2016 to 2024. In comparison with the developed regions, the economic burden of the target diseases, the access to healthcare, health insurance and the percentage of public and private healthcare expenditures vary significantly in the Asia Pacific countries.
The countries such as China and India are expected to witness a significant rise in the elderly population base and this factor in turn is expected to create an upward trend in the geriatric medicine market over the forecast period.
The market dynamics indicate the presence of strong competition amongst the key players such as Eli Lilly and Company, AstraZeneca plc, Boehringer Ingelheim GmbH, Abbott Laboratories., Sanofi S.A., Bristol-Myers Squibb, Merck & Company Inc., Novartis AG, Pfizer, Inc., and GlaxoSmithKline Plc......
Table of Contents
Chapter 1 Methodology and Scope
1.1 Research Methodology
1.2 Research Scope & Assumptions
1.3 List of Data Sources
Chapter 2 Executive Summary
Chapter 3 Geriatric Medicine Industry Outlook
3.1 Market segmentation
3.2 Geriatric Medicine Market dynamics
3.3 Market driver analysis
3.4 Market restraint analysis
3.5 Key Opportunities Prioritized
3.6 Industry analysis – Porter’s
3.7 Geriatric Medicine Market PESTEL Analysis
Chapter 4 Geriatric Medicine Therapeutics Outlook
4.1 Geriatric Medicine market share by therapeutics, 2015 & 2024
4.2.1 Analgesics market estimates and forecasts, 2013 – 2024 (USD Billion)
4.3.1 Antihypertensive market estimates and forecasts, 2013 – 2024 (USD Billion)
4.4.1 Statins market estimates and forecasts, 2013 – 2024 (USD Billion)
4.5.1 Antidiabetic market estimates and forecasts, 2013 – 2024 (USD Billion)
4.6.1 PPI market estimates and forecasts, 2013 – 2024 (USD Billion)
4.7.1 Anticoagulant market estimates and forecasts, 2013 – 2024 (USD Billion)
4.8.1 Antipsychotic market estimates and forecasts, 2013 – 2024 (USD Billion)
4.9.1 Others market estimates and forecasts, 2013 – 2024 (USD Billion)
Chapter 5 Geriatric Medicine Condition Outlook
5.1 Geriatric Medicine Market share by condition, 2015 & 2024
5.2.1 Cardiovascular market estimates and forecasts, 2013 – 2024 (USD Billion)
5.3.1 Arthritis market estimates and forecasts, 2013 – 2024 (USD Billion)
5.4.1 Neurological market estimates and forecasts, 2013 – 2024 (USD Billion)
5.5.1 Cancer market estimates and forecasts, 2013 – 2024 (USD Billion)
5.6.1 Osteoporosis market estimates and forecasts, 2013 – 2024 (USD Billion)
5.7.1 Respiratory market estimates and forecasts, 2013 – 2024 (USD Billion)
5.8.1 Others market estimates and forecasts, 2013 – 2024 (USD Billion)
Chapter 6 Geriatric Medicine Regional Outlook
6.1 Geriatric Medicine Market share, by region, 2015 & 2024
6.2 North America
6.2.1 Geriatric Medicine Market estimates and forecasts, by therapeutics, 2013 – 2024 (USD Billion)
22.214.171.124 U.S. market estimates and forecasts
126.96.36.199 Canada market estimates and forecasts
6.2.2 Geriatric Medicine Market estimates and forecasts, by condition, 2013 – 2024 (USD Billion)
188.8.131.52 U.S. market estimates and forecasts
184.108.40.206 Canada market estimates and forecasts
6.3.1 Geriatric Medicine Market estimates and forecasts, by therapeutics, 2013 – 2024 (USD Billion)
220.127.116.11 UK market estimates and forecasts
18.104.22.168 Germany market estimates and forecasts
6.3.2 Geriatric Medicine Market estimates and forecasts, by condition, 2013 – 2024 (USD Billion)
22.214.171.124 UK market estimates and forecasts
126.96.36.199 Germany market estimates and forecasts
6.4 Asia Pacific
6.4.1 Geriatric Medicine Market estimates and forecasts, by therapeutics, 2013 – 2024 (USD Billion)
188.8.131.52 Japan market estimates and
■ 英文：Geriatric Medicine Market Analysis By Therapeutic Category (Analgesics, Antihypertensives, Statins, Antidiabetics, Proton Pump Inhibitor, Anticoagulant, Antipsychotic, Antidepressant), by Therapeutic Condition (Cardiovascular, Arthritis, Neurological, Cancer, Osteoporosis, Respiratory) And Segment Forecasts To 2024
■ 調査会社：Grand View Research
- 航空機重整備ビジット（HMV）の世界市場2016-2020About Aircraft HMV Market The aircraft HMV market is one of the key segments of the MRO market. It includes the MRO of the airframe, engines, and components, where thorough visual checks and NDT tests are conducted to detect damages or corrosions caused inside the skin of the aircraft, engine valves, and all the special parts where an extensive check is required. Technavio’s analysts forecast the …
- Vermilion Energy Inc.：石油・ガスの開発・生産動向及びコスト分析– Q4, 2012Vermilion Energy Inc. Oil & Gas Exploration and Production Operations and Cost Analysis – Q4, 2012 Summary Vermilion Energy Inc. Oil & Gas Exploration and Production Operations and Cost Analysis is the latest report from GlobalData, the industry analysis specialists, that offers comprehensive information on the operational and financial performance of the company. The report is an essential source …
- 世界のハラールフード（Halal Food）市場動向（2012-2016）TechNavio's analysts forecast the Global Halal Food market to grow at a CAGR of 4.44 percent over the period 2012-2016. One of the key factors contributing to this market growth is the increase in the Muslim population. The Global Halal Food market has also been witnessing increasing R&D in halal product innovations. However, the decrease in the integrity of halal foods could pose a challenge to t …
- 膝置換術用機器の世界市場2017-2021About Knee Replacement Devices Knee replacement is a surgical procedure, which is performed to replace a damaged part of the knee through knee replacement devices. This procedure is generally performed on patients with osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, and obesity-related knee problems. Technavio’s analysts forecast the global Knee Replacement Devices market to grow at a CAGR of 3.25% during t …
- Switchgear Market for Power Industry, 2013 – Global Market Size, Equipment Market Share, Key Country Analysis to 2020Switchgear Market for Power Industry, 2013 Update - Global Market Size, Equipment Market Share, Key Country Analysis to 2020 Summary GlobalData’s "Switchgear Market for Power Industry, 2013 Update - Global Market Size, Equipment Market Share, Key Country Analysis to 2020" gives detailed information on the current switchgear market, focusing on key countries, as well as covering the global scenario …
- 中国のポータブル発電機市場About generators Generators are backup devices designed to provide temporary AC or DC power. They can be used as a source of backup or emergency power for residential, commercial, and industrial applications. A typical generator is powered via a fuel engine. Based on portability, generator can be segmented into portable and standby. Portable generators are the best solutions to provide AC power fo …
- 世界の自動車用サイドエアバッグ市場：胸部サイドエアバッグ、サイドカーテンエアバッグAbout Automotive Side Airbags An airbag is a vehicle safety device. It is an occupant caution system consisting of flexible fabric/rubber cushion designed to inflate immediately during an automobile collision. Its purpose is to cushion the passengers during crash and provide protection to the passenger bodies when they strike objects such as steering wheel or window. Side airbags are inflatable de …
- アジアの心臓律動管理（CRM）装置市場見通しAsia-Pacific Cardiac Rhythm Management (CRM) Procedures Outlook to 2021 Summary GlobalData’s new report, "Asia-Pacific Cardiac Rhythm Management (CRM) Procedures Outlook to 2021", provides key procedures data on the Asia-Pacific Cardiac Rhythm Management (CRM) Procedures. The report provides procedure volumes within market segments - Implantable Loop Recorder (ILR) Procedures, Cardiac Resynchronis …
- 核磁気共鳴画像法（MRI）装置の世界市場予測2016-2026MRI Products – Do You Lack This Revenue Data You Need? Do you lack data on magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) systems for your research, plans and presentations? Discover in visiongain’s new study where that industry heads, avoiding struggles to find commercial information on that medical diagnostics and patient monitoring. Our investigation forecasts MRI revenues to 2026 at overall world market, su …
- ゲームの世界市場：テレビゲーム、MMOゲーム、スマートフォンゲーム、ウェブゲーム、PCゲーム、タブレットゲーム、携帯型ゲームAbout gaming The popularity of PCs and electronic devices have led to the development and commercialization of gaming. Electronic systems used to play video games are known as platforms. The different types of platforms are TVs, consoles, mobile devices, PCs, and others. There are various types of games available for different gaming platforms. Video games are available in two major formats, physi …
- 世界のオイルシェール市場分析：Analyzing the Global Oil Shale MarketThe term oil shale generally refers to any sedimentary rock that contains solid bituminous materials (called kerogen) that are released as petroleum-like liquids when the rock is heated in the chemical process of pyrolysis. Oil shale was formed millions of years ago by deposition of silt and organic debris on lake beds and sea bottoms. Over long periods of time, heat and pressure transformed the m …
- Canadian Oil Sands Limited：石油・ガスバリューチェーン分析レポート2013Canadian Oil Sands Limited Analysis Across the Oil and Gas Value Chain Report, 2013 Update Summary "Canadian Oil Sands Limited" Analysis Across the Oil and Gas Value Chain is an essential source for data, analysis and strategic insight into “Canadian Oil Sands Limited”. The report provides key information relating to oil and gas assets of the company along with its operations across the value chai …
- 影響分析：中国の食品安全検査市場および法規制The food safety testing market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 9.9% from 2015, to reach USD 791.5 Million by 2020. The market growth is driven by changing consumers’ attitude and concerns of retailers for safe and quality food, positive structural changes in the Chinese food safety regulations, high occurrence of food safety incidents in China, and globalization of food trade and China’s rising …
- インテリジェント自動販売機の世界市場の規模と分析：タイプ別（ホットドリンク、スナック、パッケージドリンク）、用途別（QSR、ショッピングモール、小売店、オフィス、公共交通機関）、地域別、セグメント予測、2014-2025The global intelligent vending machines market is expected to reach USD 11.84 billion by 2025, according to a new study by Grand View Research, Inc. The surge in the penetration of self-services technology across North America and Europe is anticipated to drive the industry growth over the next nine years. Intelligent vending machines incorporate energy efficient electronic equipment including eff …
- 脳動脈瘤(Cerebral Aneurysms)：世界の治験レビュー（2015年上半期版）Cerebral Aneurysms Global Clinical Trials Review, H1, 2015 Summary GlobalData's clinical trial report, “Cerebral Aneurysms Global Clinical Trials Review, H1, 2015" provides data on the Cerebral Aneurysms clinical trial scenario. This report provides elemental information and data relating to the clinical trials on Cerebral Aneurysms. It includes an overview of the trial numbers and their recruitme …